Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The kid has talent!

Those who know me well know that I do not have even an ounce of musical talent (I have decided my musical talent is appreciating those who do have it). In college, my friends used to make me "sing scales" (I don't even know if that is the right terminology) because they thought it was so hilarious to hear me try to "hit" the high notes. So to those great, dear friends who used to delight in mocking my musical prowess it might come as a surprise that my daughter is actually showing some promise as a little musician. About a month ago Alyssa started piano lessons. I initially thought it would be a good idea to try an activity other than a sport in an effort to give her an opportunity to branch out a little bit. I think she is enjoying it and she seems to be catching on fairly easily. We'll continue to see how it goes but hopefully she will stick with it and make her momma proud (not that she doesn't already)!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn, You must have inherited your singing ability from your grandmother H. I couldn't carry a tune in a sealed bucket. In fact I was ask in high school why I was taking choir. My response was I couldn't get another class..
I think it is great that Alyssa is taking piano. we do have some musical talent in this family..and it is something that can last a lifetime.

You guys are the greatest

shellybellybee said...

Go Alyssa. I'm sure she has a wonderful teacher. :)